“I’m here to help you live the life you’ve earned.”
With over 25 years of experience as an award-winning financial advisor, Murat’s focus is on helping his clients pursue their dreams for today, tomorrow, and well into the future. His process begins with in-depth conversations on the essentials, ensuring lifestyle, preparing for the unexpected, and leaving a legacy. Together, he works with his clients to break financial goals down into specific, actionable steps and then through regular contact, adjust the plan as needed along the way. Murat takes time to get to know his clients personally and is dedicated to always being available to them and addressing all of their needs and concerns.
Murat believes that providing world-class service and guidance should be independent and objective. This is why he proudly aligns with Socratic Better Wealth to provide the support his clients deserve. Unlike some financial advisors, Murat holds himself to a strict standard of fiduciary duty, and always prioritizes his clients’ best interests, taking care to manage their assets with utmost honesty and integrity.
Outside of work, Murat is an avid world soccer and college basketball fan. He enjoys learning about international cultures and has visited 64 countries to date; his goal is 100. Most importantly, he enjoys spending time with his nutritionist wife and 2 college-aged children (a son at Duke and a daughter at Georgetown); all of whom make him incredibly proud. Together as a family, they actively support the Goodwill Community Foundation, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, the Great Human Race, and many other charitable organizations.
Murat received a Bachelor of Science degree in International Relations from Marmara University in Istanbul, Turkey . His career as a financial advisor began in 1996 with IDS Financial Services, which became Ameriprise Financial Services Inc. in 2005. While there, Murat held several roles including Training Manager, District Manager and Associate Vice President. He was also a Senior Financial Advisor, Silver Team Advisor, and Platinum Financial Services Advisor and has received several national recognition awards. Murat holds the following professional designations: CFP® - CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, and CRPC® - Chartered Retirement Planning Consultant, and is a member of the Financial Planning Association.
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Practitioner
- B.S. International Relations from Marmara University in Istanbul, Turkey
- Series 7 and Series 63 - LPL Financial
- Series 65 - Independent Advisor Alliance
Affiliations and awards
- LPL Directors Club | 2019, 2020
- Based on annual production
- LPL Freedom Club | 2018
- Based on annual production
- NABCAP Premier Advisors | 2013, 2014
- Award based on an evaluation of twenty different practice categories such as experience, credentials, assets under management, fee structure and philosophy among other factors.
- Five Star Professional | Five Star Wealth Manager | 2014
- Award based on 10 objective criteria associated with providing quality services to clients such as credentials, experience, and assets under management among other factors. Wealth managers do not pay a fee to be considered or placed on the final list of 2014 Five Star Wealth Managers.
- Million Dollar Round Table | The Premier Association of Financial Associates | 2006 - 2008, 2010, & 2014 - 2017
- Qualifying membership in the MDRT is based on minimum sales production requirements and gross business generated within a year.