Brad has worked as a Private Wealth Advisor since 1997. During that time, he has helped families and individuals develop personal financial plans to work towards their goals, such as retirement, college education, and estate planning. Brad keeps his finger on the pulse of the global financial markets and the economy. His many years of investment experience pairs well with the financial planning work he does for his clients.
Every individual has a unique perspective and a sense of what it means to be successful financially. It is for this reason that Brad helps investors create an intentional path to their version of Better Wealth. There is no one-size-fits-all plan or portfolio that every investor should use to meet their needs. It is essential to have a deep understanding of a client’s goals and current financial situation to help guide them on their journey to Better Wealth. Brad prefers to start new client relationships with an analysis of net worth, cash flow, cash reserve, tax strategies, education and retirement planning goals, insurance, and estate planning needs. He ongoingly updates this planning with his clients over the following years to help keep them on track.
Brad believes that an Investment Policy Statement (IPS) is of utmost importance in managing wealth for his clients. He helps clients draft an IPS to outline the purpose of each account under his management. The document outlines the client's timeframe and objective for each account as well as the risk a client is willing to accept to meet their goals. Brad has learned through experience that an IPS helps clients stay true to their plan during turbulent times in financial markets and provides a basis for ongoing reviews of the client’s changing needs.
Brad loves North Carolina and has lived there since he was five years old. In his free time, he enjoys spending time with his wife, Jenny, and his two children, Boone and Jossie. His favorite part of the day is dinner with the family. He is an avid outdoorsman, and he and his family love the adventure of the trail. Together, they have traveled most of the US via RV and camper. His family now spends a lot of their time together, relaxing at the lake. Brad has a passion for fishing and enjoys spending as much time as possible outdoors.
- Wealth Management and Investment Strategies
- Retirement Income Strategies
- Retirement Plan Distributions
- Retirement Planning
- Education Planning
- Tax Planning Strategies
- Socially Responsible Investing
- Estate Planning Strategies
- Charitable Giving
- Executive Benefits
- Insurance Planning
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Practitioner
- M.B.A with a concentration in Economics and Finance from Appalachian State University
- B.S. Commercial Recreation Management from Appalachian State University | Minor in Marketing and Management
- Completed College for Financial Planning Accredited Portfolio Management Advisor Course
- Series 7 and Series 63 - LPL Financial
- Series 65 - Independent Advisor Alliance
- NC Life and Health Insurance
- NC Long-term Care Insurance
Awards and Affiliations
- LPL Directors Club | 2019, 2020
- Based on annual production